Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Time To Begin...

With Women's Panhellenic Association Sorority recruitment just around the corner I decided there was no time better than the present to begin my blog. Since I am sure you have guessed I am a member of Greek Life at Ohio University. I will allow my specific affiliation's name to remain anonymous because i do not think it is important to the goal of my blog.I hold my membership in this association to a high regard. I can be very honest by saying that it is the best decision I have made since i entered Ohio University. 
  I joined as a freshman and have never looked back. When I first joined i was one of the people who bad mouthed greek affiliated students and mocked their affiliation. I had no real insight or any idea what I truly was missing out on. Soon after joining i realized i was completely misinformed on the topic. i found intelligent, well-rounded, compassionate women who cared about more than labels, but actually cared about things that matter. 
These wonderful women were involved with the community, the school, on campus clubs, and their studies. I was surprised and felt slightly judgmental when I learned of all of their accomplishments and goals. I have learned not only so much about friendships, and setting goals from these women but i also learned about myself.
This is merely a small bit of insight into why i feel the need to diminish out-dated stereotypes and why I feel as strongly as I do about greek life. 
Soon I am going to be posting an interview i recently conducted with a recruitment chair from a sorority on campus who has finished number 1 in recruitment for the past couple years. 

Recruitment Kick-Off: Friday, September 12, 2008
30 days and counting!

No comments: